Friday, January 31, 2014

A Pale Yellow Doll Cradle Built in The 1940's

I purchased this old, pale, yellow doll cradle in a garage sale for $1.50! Some
of our readers are interested in building doll furniture so I thought I might
 include pictures of pieces from my own collection to give you ideas.

My mother-in-law gave to me a small doll blanket that my husband had played
with when he was a little boy. He carried it about with his bunny, Lewis. He
 was only two and it was the sweetest thing for a mother to keep. I just
couldn’t imagine such a rugged, athletic man to have such a possession!

I made a doll mattress from an old baby sheet for the cradle. This one,
 above, turned out a little too small, so I made a second from old ticking.

A picture of the assembled cradle with bedding from a side view.

The yellow cradle as seen from above, with a happy baby doll.

A vinyl baby belonging to my youngest daughter.

A corner shot for those of you drawing up doll furniture to design your own
woodworking plans. I hope this gives you plenty of ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment