Thursday, January 30, 2014

Old Quilted Bears in Our Home

      Our family's old patchwork bears are so old that they needed patches on their patchwork! I spent just an hour or so fixing them up before displaying them downstairs in our newly remodeled space. Even though they are considered 'unfashionable' these days, old quilted bears carry many happy childhood memories with them and those will never go out of style in my opinion! My eldest girl grabbed the vintage red patchwork bear in a flee market when she was little. I made the old white patchwork bear from a ripped and discarded quilt. It was formerly a "Wedding Ring" pattern. Although there was little of it remaining, I hadn't the heart to toss the scraps without trying to salvage something from them.

More Old Quilted Bears To Look At:
Quilts of Bears:
Free Teddy Bear Patterns:

No comments:

Post a Comment